|DURING FEB 1 - APR 08, 2007 MARTIN STREL SWAM 5,268 KMS (3274 MILES) OF THE AMAZON RIVER! HE DEDICATED THE SWIM TO THE PROTECTION OF THE RAINFOREST.
Martin Strel inspires audiences on stage
He´s showed that the impossible can become possible. We will never know what one has to endure, mentally and physically, to swim hour after hours, day after day, month after month...But at least, we are happy to have Martin alive and to be able to tell his impossible story.
Today, Martin travels around the world and shares his incredable experiences by speaking to audiences from all walks of life. Inspired audiences usually leave Martin with standing ovations.
For his speaking tour agenda stay tuned at our website.
Martin is currently based in the USA and occasionally travels internationally. He still swims more less every day and keeps himself in a good shape.
Additional interesting read:
- James Cameron (director of Avatar film) acts in the Amazon
- One person can save trees, together we can save forests (Starbucks environmental campaign)
- Dirty Water Kills More People Than Wars
- Water shots: Borut Peterlin
- St.Cloud, MN University: Michael Patrick